Thursday, October 13, 2016

Five top books about kick-ass women livin’ large among the stars

Sam Maggs is the author of The Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy and Wonder Women: 25 Innovators, Inventors, and Trailblazers Who Changed History. One of her five favorite books about kick-ass women in space, as shared at Tor.com:
Fortune’s Pawn by Rachel Bach

The first in Bach’s Paradox Trilogy, Fortune’s Pawn follows Devi, a bad-ass space merc for hire with a power suit that would make Master Chief jealous. Devi is tough, crass, unapologetic, strong, intelligent, everything I could possibly want in a protagonist – and when she finds herself caught up in a conspiracy of galactic proportions, it’s up to her to save as many people as she can. I’m not kidding when I tell you that Bach’s prose is addictive: I devoured this book in one cross-country plane ride, and stopped at the nearest bookstore I could find on my way to my hotel in order to grab the sequel so I could keep going.
Read about another entry on the list.

My Book, The Movie: Fortune's Pawn.

--Marshal Zeringue